.875 AS A FRACTION: Mathematics along with science has been one of the pillars of new inventions and breakthroughs. Mathematics has played a crucial role in the developmental aspect of human civilization. Further, Mathematics is a language that works in all corners of the world. Hence, making it a universal language. Moreover, mathematics has been very influential and relevant from the start of time and will continue to remain so. Mathematics is a subject that comes in handy and is a part of our daily life. Mathematics is a helpful tool that helps us understand and interact with a lot of situations out there. For example, counting the change given to you by the grocery guy. However, our today’s focus will be on a rigorous and crucial topic of mathematics called Fractions. Moreover, we will discuss everything there is to know about fractions and specifically talk about .875 as a fraction. So, stick with us and read till the end.
IMPORTANCE OF FRACTIONS
Fractions play a very crucial role in the fundamentals of mathematics. It is one of the building blocks that help make the foundation of mathematics. Moreover, Fractions have a lot of uses in the mathematicians’ world as well as the real world. In addition, the concept of Fractions is important as it is fundamental in mathematical tasks like addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Moreover, before an individual moves on to learn advanced and more complex concepts of maths like decimals, percentages, and ratios. The individual needs to make his concept of Fractions crystal clear.
WHAT ARE FRACTIONS? – .875 AS A FRACTION
Fractions are a fundamental concept of mathematics that express some part of a quantity. They represent the amount or a work with the quantity which is not a complete number. Here is an overview of a fraction.
DEFINITION OF A FRACTION: .875 AS A FRACTION
- A fraction contains two numbers separated by a horizontal line.
- The above number is the numerator. And it represents the part of the whole.
- The number below the bar is the denominator, representing the whole number.
HOW IS A FRACTION REPRESENTED? – .875 AS A FRACTION
0.875 as a fraction can be represented as:
Fraction form: 7/8
Numerator: 7 (It represents the number of parts we have)
Denominator: 8 (It represents the total number of parts we have)
We can read this as a seventh eight of a whole part.
0.875 as a fraction
0.875 in a fraction can be written as 7/8
EXPLANATION OF .875 AS A FRACTION
To express as a fraction let’s follow the following steps:
- Step 1: We can write the given number 0.875 in the form of numerator and denominator. In this case, 0.875, has three numbers after the decimal. So, we can write 1000 in the denominator and remove the decimal point from the given number. hence this number will look like 875/1000.
- Step 2: Now we can see 875 as the numerator and 1000 as the denominator. Hence 875/1000 is not a simplified form. Thus, we can the highest common factors (HCF) between these two numbers which is equal to 125. Furthermore, we can divide these two numbers by 125. Hence this fraction is simplified as 875/1000=7/8
After reducing the fraction, we get
Ø (875/125)/ (1000/125) =7/8
Thus, the reduced fraction is
875/1000 to 7/8, hence we can say that 0.875 to a fraction is 7/8
Hence, 0.875 as a fraction in simple form can be expressed as 7/8.
TYPES OF FRACTIONS: .875 AS A FRACTION
- Proper fraction: In this type of fraction numerator is smaller than a denominator.
- Improper fraction: This numerator is equal to or greater than the denominator. For example (8/7).
- Mixed fraction: A mixed fraction is a combination of the whole number.
- Equivalent Fraction: The fraction has the same values. But it gets represented by a different number known as an equal fraction.
CONCEPT OF ADDING AND SUBTRACTING OF FRACTIONS: .875 AS A FRACTION
To add and subtract a fraction. we should make the denominator of a fraction the same. Hence both the fractions should have the same denominator.
CONCEPT OF MULTIPLICATION AND DIVISION OF A FRACTION
To multiply the fraction, multiply the numerator of one fraction with the numerator of another fraction. In the case of division, we can divide the numerator of one fraction with the denominator of the other and vice versa.
HOW TO SIMPLIFY FRACTIONS: .875 AS A FRACTION
We can write the fractions in their simplest form by dividing the fractions. By dividing both the numerator and denominator by their highest common factor.
COMPARING THE FRACTIONS: .875 AS A FRACTION
To compare the two fractions their denominator should be shame. Hence both the fractions should have the same denominator to compare both.
Understanding fractions is very important in mathematics and real life. We can use them in our various practical applications, and fractions are very important to anyone whose work is related to numbers. Hence fraction makes as easier to describe the numbers that lies between two whole numbers. Additionally, fractions are a powerful tool in problem-solving. Hence it helps to solve the real-world problems that involve proportion. Hence avobe all points that make fractions a very valuable tool of mathematics and our day-to-day life.
Q- How many types of fractions are there?
There are a total of 4 types of fractions i.e., proper fraction, improper fraction, mixed fraction & equivalent fraction.
Q- How is .875 as a fraction gets represented?
.875 as a fraction is 7/8.
Q- what is the purpose of a fraction?
The main purpose of a fraction is to represent a portion of a whole thing.